Bryan F. Fox & Company

Asbestos Exposure

Asbestos is a particularly harmful substance and inhaling asbestos dust can result in a numberof very serious conditions including asbestosis, lung cancer and mesothelioma which is usually fatal.

If you have been exposed to asbestos it is prudent to visit your GP and have him arrange for theusual pulmonary function tests and x-rays of your lungs to be carried out.  


A peculiar feature of asbestos poisoning is that it is frequently many years after the substancehas been inhaled before any symptoms manifest themselves and in cases of mesothelioma 15 to 20 years after the date of exposure is not unusual.  

We have extensive knowledge and experience of dealing with persons who have been exposedto asbestos and have a 100% recovery rate for persons with physical manifestations of sameother than pleural plaques and clubbing of fingernails which are not in themselves considered tobe harmful.

Those most likely to have been exposed to asbestos are persons who worked or were located inor about any areas where asbestos was used and/or removed (this must only be done undervery controlled conditions) in particular, asbestos was commonly used in lagging heating pipes(especially in public buildings)  and in lining boilers and furnaces as well  as other instanceswhere  its  qualities  as  an  efficient  fire/heat  insulator  were  required  including  roofing  (it  wascommonly used in the building of a lot of National Schools) and as a material for bulkheads oncommercial liners/vessels.  

Should you have any queries we are happy to deal with same.  Simply contact us.